Sunrise 219 of 365
- Sunrise time: 6:37
- Azimuth: 65° ⇡
- Did the sun rise: Yes
- Was the sun visible: Yes
- 1/60 sec
Marquette Lighthouse, Marquette, MI
46° 32' 47" N, -87° 22' 29" W
Musings [317 words]
It’s a busy day. And I hate when my forearms stick to the table from the hummity. It’s just enough to deter my productivity. And my nitro coffee seems to have an odd flavor this morning. It tastes very burnt. However, I think Dia De Los tacos are in my near future for lunch.
- Need to prep and order 28 first edition sunrise prints from February
- Prepare 2019 Plaidurday graphics and try to come up with some swag
- Check in with all Fresh Coast Film Fest activities
- Coordinate with Mountain Dew on an Upper Peninsula label launch party
- Back and forth with the NHL on listing Kraft Hockeyville products on UPSCo
- Trying to find a recording of the Mackinac Island Stone Skipping Tournament that was broadcast on ESPN 2 this morning
Last night I had an incredible conversation with Beatrice. She referred to me as an artist, something I’ve never associated myself with. If you read any of my bios across the internet you won’t find any mention of “artist”. However, I have always wondered, from Plaidurday to Beer With Branson, there has always been a large piece of social engagement. She called me an engagement artist. She might be on to something, and I’ve always tried to define this thing I do where I have a difficult time finding others playing in this space, and I feel alone in doing so within geographic bounds, as most of my stuff is Upper Peninsula related.
Beatrice also said I’m not a photographer. And I agree, mostly. But this is certainly so much more than a photography project, the photos are a tertiary outcome, a piece of evidence that I did the thing (go ahead, pull the EXIF data from all the photos). It feels good to be challenged, inspired, and have a creative buddy.
Also, context is everything.
Fuel more Sunrises
There is plenty more to come from Year of the Sunrise. You can always add a cup of coffee to keep me going strong in the mornings, or a tank of gas to get me to some new places, as the sun keeps rising.